My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada

I'm just your typical moron who throws random temper tantrums every now and again. If I would have known this is how I was destined to turn out fifteen years ago after graduating University, I would have stabbed myself in the head with my gift graduation pen then and there.

Sunday, December 06, 2009

Jorma Kaukonen
Schoenburg Guitars
Tiburon, CA
01-04-04

Leading founder of Jefferson Airplane takes it solo and acoustic. Nobody sucks a listener in and makes an emotional connection like Jorma. Good Sheppard or Serpent of Dreams can reduce me to a sniveling puddle of saline in seconds.

Phish
Festival 8 - Empire Polo club
Indio, CA
10-31-09

The infamous Halloween set featuring a reprise of the Stones classic 'Exile on Main Street'. My first thought: "Hey, don't fuck with the classics, brah!" My thoughts upon hearing: "Holy shit, this is fucking awesome!". The Ventilator Blues> I Just Want to See His Face> Let It Loose may just be one of my favorite Phish seques ever.

Reid Genauer
State Theater
Falls Church, VA
09-12-09

My favorite type of Reid Genauer - solo. No Strangefolk; no Assembly of Dust...just Reid and his trusty guitar. This particular performance features guest appearances from Scott Murawski (Max Creek) and Mike Gordon (Phish).

John Butler Trio
Austin City Limits Festival - Zilker Park
Austin, TX
09-17-04

I was lucky enough to be in attendance for this show. Unfortunately, all I remember from this time was my skin roasting off the bone in the 120-degree Texan heat. Too bad, as there was some great jamming here that I might have otherwise enjoyed. also of interest, the tune Funky might just one of the best songs to spin to, like, ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home